Friday, May 22, 2009

So, Band-Aid was today. Overall I enjoyed the show (it was my first concert experience haha), and I thought the bigger lineup worked out well even though some parts dragged a little. Some notes:

-I didn't realize how popular AJ Rafael was. I had never heard of him until today. And I didn't understand why the audience broke into cheers during the first song. He was taking parts from different songs maybe? Anyway I felt like a parent at a Disney movie.

-Kris Mark's singing voice was several pitches above the average male voice frequency and never came down. His speaking voice, though, was much much lower.

-PushPushPull. I had a hard time appreciating their music because I kept getting distracted by the dude on the guitar wearing the U-neck shirt. I had never seen anything like it. It was more like a tanktop than anything else. He was clearly the "pull" in the trio.

-Seriously. The other rock band in the show. The guy that immediately caught my attention was the violinist. But uh he quickly abandoned his instrument and descended into the depths of heavy rock, also wearing less and less clothing as the performance went on. Lead singer was enthusiastic to say the least.

-Poreotics. I didn't understand why so many people headed for the exits after AJ Rafael's number. I mean it's not like a Laker game where you have to beat the L.A. traffic. Where's the love? But the dance trio handled all of it well and delivered a great performance.

Yesterday the most ridiculous thing happened. A FML-worthy event. And Sarah Kim told me it's my blog-worthy event so now I am writing about it. We were having an after-school snack party / bonding event for Math Club. I went to Mrs. Gibb in the main office during lunch to order three medium one-topping pizzas at Dominos. I was planning to call them to place the order but when I went on their website to get the number, I saw that they had an online order option so I decided to give it a try. Once I got to the toppings page, I made a crucial mistake - I followed their directions correctly. Too correctly. I literally picked only one topping for each pizza. See the thing was, under the toppings, there was "cheese" and "sauce". Thinking they were extra toppings, I did not select them. Wrong. My friends in Math Club, upon opening the pizza boxes, were greeted to the horrifying sight of desolate bread mass sprinkled with dessicated meats. No cheese or sauce. Domino's got my order exactly right. But now here are my arguments why Domino's is in the wrong:

1) There is only one "cheese" option under the toppings. Meaning if that is indeed referring to the "basic cheese" present in every goddamn pizza, I am unable to order cheese as a topping.

2) "Sauce", the way Domino's defines it, is not a topping. The tomato sauce does not go on top of the pizza... so it's not a topping.

3) Pizza without sauce or cheese is not pizza. Period. Did they really think that someone would pay to eat the crust? I ordered pepperoni and Italian sausage so clearly I am not vegan. C'mon guys, learn to use your noggins.

4) There was no option for "bread" but they gave me bread. So obviously they believe a pizza has fundamental, inalienable rights that are quite obvious. Bread/crust being one of them. Sauce and cheese being the others they conveniently disregarded.

Breaking news:

MoNkEyfAcE917 (12:32:22 AM): when are you gonna blog about the pizza? haha
MoNkEyfAcE917 (12:32:31 AM): i was just reading your latest post
Surk14 (12:32:36 AM): i just finished writing it actually
MoNkEyfAcE917 (12:32:51 AM): ohhh
MoNkEyfAcE917 (12:32:57 AM): wow what coincidence

Coincidence indeed.

4 comments:

James Li said...

The girls literally flipped out on AJ.... they knew the lead into every song....

Kris Mark is Imon Santos' uncle... imagine that...

The Pull in PushPushPull clearly will have neck or brain problems when he gets older... headbanger

The lead singer was a crazy diva. Kicked one of our micstands offstage...and then proceeded to grab another one. I don't even know what he was doing singing into his jacket.

People weren't leaving for Poreotics. They were trying to get into the autograph line early

Sarah Kim said...

haha the new definition of pizza!

and i wasnt talking about cheese in math because of you. haha that block really looked like cheese to me. hahah

Sheena said...

lol yes! the guy with the U shirt..it was distracting...

i loooved Seriously! LOVE ANYTHING DIVA! lolz.

glad you enjoyed it overall. :D
thanks for all the help min!

xephyre said...

that "violinist" was actually a violist. it's hard to tell at a glance, but hey, violas deserve some love after being overshadowed by their smaller, screechier counterparts :P