Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dream

Wow I don't update this often. But I just had this strange dream and thought I should share it with you:

I am at some woman's house and I see two fish tanks. One tank is ginormous and has one big stingray along with some small fishies. The second one has piranhas. I notice that the water level in one of the tanks is too high and I tell that to the woman. Then before I know it, all the fish are gone in both tanks. The woman explains she will follow my advice, but she also wants to renovate the tanks. Then I see the stingray out of its tank and I start panicking. As the woman prepares the ginormous tank, I look through this pamphlet that shows how to place the stingray back into the water once it has been out of the water. There are at least ten different scenarios and ten different ways to place the stingray back into the water. I finally find the right one and am overjoyed to see the stingray breathe in the water. For a long time, I admire the stingray inside the fish tank (I am inside the fish tank and underwater but can somehow breathe.) The woman comes inside the tank and starts creating these mounds on the tank floor. Then she places strips of kimchi on each mound, and I ask her why. She says it's food for the stingray, and I laugh my ass off even in the dream. I tell her that there needs to be finer sand for the stingray at the bottom of the tank and suddenly the finer sand materializes. The tank is complete. Next I find myself walking to the tennis courts at Central Park. I am pushing this cart that has my tennis racket on top along with the stingray. The courts are full and I patiently wait. A guy playing tells me some dude just cut me in line for the tennis courts. I look back and see a Latino guy who is also waiting. The guy playing confronts the Latino guy about it and I don't remember how it is resolved. I look back again and then I see Kie and James, the two instructors over at TSI Academy. James admires the stingray and tries to appease my fears that it has been out of the water for too long. At this time, I am panicking because I fear the stingray will die so I rush home and put it back in the tank. The end.

Here's the parts of the dream that I can account for:

-Aquarium/stringray: While talking to Joseph Chung yesterday, I realized that my dream job is to become an aquarium curator. I also just enjoy thinking about fish and other marine creatures. Recently I have been thinking about getting an aquarium.

-Layers of kimchi: My subconscious craving for my cultural food?

-Fine sand: On Friday, I examined the sand of the baseball field at Oxford and was impressed how... fine it was.

-Latino guy at tennis courts: My subconscious fear that I am inherently at a disadvantage in my pursuit of Latinas?

-Kie: I have repeatedly associated Kie with Stewwie Griffin, and I happened to watch a snippit of the Family Guy Show last night.

Haha does anybody want to offer a different interpretation of the dream?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is either extremely symbolic, or incredibly arbitrary.

Unknown said...

how your dream completes itself full circle is symbolic of how your mind works.. to me at least.

my dreams never finish.
i always wake up in the middle of my dream.
even if i sleep longer and continue the dream i never finish the dream.

hm. interesting.