Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Montana Fever


When I was writing my last entry, I had forgotten the request of "anonymous" to write about Hannah Montana. So here it goes.

My fascination with the Disney character started when I discovered a couple months ago that I somehow had Disney channel. I don't subscribe to cable TV so it seems that Time Warner inadvertently gave me one extra channel (They also gave me weather channel but that doesn't count.) So I made the best of it. I first started watching That's So Raven but then tired of the repetitive feel of the show. Zach and Cody is an absolutely horrendous show, and a snippit of High School Musical is enough to make me puke(Efron rhymes with pron)

What is so intriguing to me about the character Hannah Montana, and what makes me watch the show over and over, is her inherent psychological validity. The character Hannah Montana is a carbon copy model of "Miley Cyrus." The 14-year old is a teenage singing sensation and has a dad who records country music, not just in the Disney show, but in her real life as well. I am not saying that everything Hannah Montana does or says is true to life. But there exists no other Disney character who comes close to rivaling Hannah Montana's veracity.

I think partly what so convinces me that Hannah Montana is humanly tangible is Miley Cyrus's age. Her energy, enthusiasm, and sense of humor on the set appear so genuine because she has not yet adopted that detestable mask of affectation. Social interaction in high school breeds the air of deception and pretension, and Cyrus hasn't been infected yet. As an actress, she must tap into her role-playing ability and engage in some histrionics and hyperboles but there are moments in the show when she acts "out of character." She steps out of Hannah Montana and into herself. Facial expressions betray this the best.

Anyway, beside all this, I would really like to have a friend like Hannah Montana. It would be tons of fun.

In other news...

Lakers beat the Suns today, I'm pretty happy about that. Bynum is playing like he belongs.

No Rest for the Weary by Blue Scholars may be the sort of song bumping on my car that can ensnare my ideal Latina. Ensnare sounds sort of inhumane, lure would work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wooo lakers

finally. hannah montana post.

Anonymous said...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7QoY8uEbk3E

I am not saying that everything Hannah Montana does or says is true to life. But there exists no other Disney character who comes close to rivaling Hannah Montana's veracity.

I AM DISAPPOINTED!! I WANT A REFUND!!