Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving Break


So I've noticed that James and Peter have been updating their blogs so I guess I will too.

Today is the start of a four-day weekend but it's not overly exciting because I didn't have much to do the first three days anyway. The Career Day at Anaheim Convention Center was pretty interesting. The neurologist there said the job pays a starting salary of about $120,000 a year and then said it was on the "low-end" of doctor's salary. I don't know, $120k seems pretty hefty to me. Since it was a gathering of all high schools in the AUHSD, I was obviously on the lookout for latinas calientes. There was a couple but I had no chance to interact with them at all.

After school I played tennis with a friend from Cerritos. Lately I've been watching slow-mo videos of Nadal's forehand to try to copy it, and today my forehand was indeed a lot better. But then no matter how good my forehand is, it goes back to square one as soon as I take a serve. My serving grip somehow screws up my forehand grip, it pisses me off. I don't even know if I can play tennis this year...

As I was driving back from tennis, I heard a song on the radio by a group called Paramore. I have no idea what it's called but it sounded really good at that moment. It was a combination of pop and rock (which I guess gets a vague label named indie). I always express my disdain for rock bands and their horrible names and usually indulge in underground hip-hop, but this one was not bad. I slowed down as I approached the parking lot to hear more of the song. It was uplifting.

Thanksgiving? I don't celebrate it... Might just play hold'em and go to Chinese restaurant with other Squanto faithfuls.

3 comments:

Peter Kim said...

you are hilarious.

i know you're disappointed in the number of latinas at the convention center, but there will be more next time. and hopefully for you, more interaction would be allowed (frankly, your denotation of "interaction" is much more interacting than mine). i'm sure that one hot latina you talked about will be back.

we should just hike up a mountain and eat cup ramen.

Anonymous said...

paramore! they are in my top 2 favorite bands. i'm 100% sure that the song you heard was misery business. it's popular right now. it's cool that by watching nadal your forehand got better. i have a hard time learning from just watching the pros.

Unknown said...

oohhh yeah, i've seen those videos before. the guy brings his racket back so much it's pretty cool.