Friday, November 23, 2007

Dear Friend



This is long overdue, but I didn't have the comfortable anonymity of a blog to say it before. I also realized that I never thought seriously about what I have to be thankful for. Right now I have The Park by Cunninlynguists spinning on my winamp so I think this is a good time to do it.

So I don't really remember how I got to know you better last year but it sort of happened gradually and I am glad it did. Last year was really special for me, almost as if I was waking up from the Oxford lull. It was definitely a year to savor and treasure, one that will not ooze into my memory as a muddled mass of gelatin. It's really been a while since I've had so many memories to look back on. Actually it's not so much memories as being aware of your benevolent spirit. You are really a good person, and there is no other way to put it. Your sense of humor, taste in music, fun-loving personality, I appreciate all of it. We hardly talk anymore but I always feel like we are still good friends, we just don't need to constantly communicate to confirm that. I will always be able to share anything with you, and I hope you feel the same way. Thanks for everything.

In other news...

-Where in the world is Trevor Ariza?


-It seems that the night air has a distinctive smell, at least where I live. It has tinges of a smoky bonfire and the fresh fragrance of trees.


-Rachel was right that the song was Misery Business. But I looked up the lyrics to the song and lost all positive feelings for it. It seems to be a vengeful girl who is toying with an innocent guy and quite frankly bragging about it. I feel so exploited now... (insert Sam Kim's face expression here)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

well, to answer you..
you would find trevor ariza trying out his suit-tie-shirt combos on the sidelines, the burning you smell is probably started by some stupid five-year-old kid, i'd beware of sam kim's ghost, and chris brown was in stomp the yard before this one showing off his dancing. this one just showcases his singing. kinda weird, cuz everything in the movie will just stop and it'll become his concert right there in the theater.

Anonymous said...

that's not what it's really about!
hayley williams (vocals) had a friend who got completely infatuated with this girl. and basically he just lost himself in her, and it hurt her and other friends to see how much he lost himself because of that girl. that's what the song got it's motivation from. so she was mad at the other girl from taking the guy away from all his friends.

Sheena said...

min,

latina hotties?
lmao.
man i had some hook ups from kennedy. you should of told me. i would introduced you...oh min.

Andrew M. Park said...

Don't listen to Sheena. She had no hookups.

haha. The Latinas I saw were horrendous. Sorry, Min. They looked like they tripped and fell on their make-up.