Friday, January 28, 2011

Discourse on Whales with Dr. Berry



It is a well documented fact of life that women derive great comfort, if not cathartic relief, from openly sharing their feelings with each other. But men also engage in heart-to-heart connections, especially concerning matters that perhaps transcend the ordinary routine of existence. Today Prof. Andrew Berry and I shared such a moment while discussing my interest in the intersection of biodiversity and human health:

Dr. Berry: Speaking of conservation, there is an environmental science class focusing on marine conservation. You may find it interesting. It uses case studies on saving the large whales.

Me: Cool.

Dr. Berry: Do you like whales?

Me: Umm. I'm not sure. I'm a bit ambivalent.

Dr. Berry: Why are you ambivalent about whales?

Me: I don't know. They seem a little too big.

Dr. Berry: Hm you are right. They are a little too big.

-Silence-

Prof Berry: Well, let me know how everything goes..

1 comment:

Peter Kim said...

You two are either perfect for each other or completely incompatible.

Well, let me know how everything goes...